Thursday, July 24, 2008

Amitabh Bachchan: Do I know him?

Do I really know Amitabh Bachchan? No. I first heard of him in the early 70s when he acted in the film Anand. He happened to drive through a place called Hubli. His car broke down and he went to Humphreys workshop to have it fixed. He was mobbed and had to be locked up in Mr.Humphreys office room. The crowds tore the curtains and try to get a glimpse of the star. Later , I remember Humphrey grumbling about Bloody Amitabh and the torn curtains.

Many years later, I had the pleasure of meeting with Jaya Bachchan at a music concert I was organising at New Delhi. But then, I am still waiting my turn to catch a moment with the Big B.

May be some day , he would come to inaugurate one of the blind cricket tournaments I organise.
George

1 comment:

Vijaya Mishra said...

Hi George! Good to see your blog! As I have not read all your positing, leaving just an appreciative note. I will come back on the specific articles once I go through. good luck