Saturday, July 28, 2007

Looking for the gaps

I'm just taking guard, and surveying the field. As you can see, I love my cricket, I love getting on to the front foot while playing the game of life. I believe in action, quick runs, excitement and lots of fun.

Fun could be music, sports, books, jokes and serious business could be discussing issues related to day-to-day life, disability, politics and religion. In short, I believe in keeping my eyes on the ball.

All of you are welcome in joining me in this ball game.

So it's time for action. Let's go.

2 comments:

salil chaturvedi said...

I've shared a few innings with you, and it's been a pleasure to see the way you play the game of life. Will look out for your blog outings. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Dear George, Thanks for sharing this material with me. I endorse fully and wholeheartedly your views and concerns. It is absolutely true that 'mindset' is the crux of the matter. Mindset makes those who are sighted blind. The worst form of disability is that those who are "minset-wise" challenged; those who cannot look beyond their elbowrooms and break out of their fixations dirven by petty personal or caste interests. What Braille can help them! I wish you all success as you pursue and pioneer this very soulful area of activity. Surely, the time has come for us to move on from the 'charity' model to a moder of empowerment. The charity model perpetuates what pretends to mitigate. Challenging or changing the mindset is alien to the charity model. On the contrary, it perpetuates it. Empowerment, it is important to note, is much more than the eligibility to earn a livelihood, though this is extremely important. Nothing short of the capacity to express oneself fully -the full range of one's potentialities and possibilities as a human being with all the uniquenes that goes with it- will meet the requirements of 'empowerment'. Sincerely

Valson Thampu