Monday, November 3, 2008

Turning 50

Hi,I turned 50 today. It has been 5 decades of wonderful living. There
have been moments of fun, excitement and challenges.To begin with , I was blessed with wonderful parents who taught me how to dream and the art of positive thinking. They sowed in me the seeds of courage and enterprise to face the World with confidence and faith.Then my visual impairment which provided me with the opportunity to know and understand my God who has been an integral part of my life. He has run the journey of life with me, some time jogging beside me and other times carrying me in His arms. Life has certainly been a walk in Faith.Not to be forgotten, my dear wife Rupa, the rock of Gibraltar. She has stood beside me through thick and thin. She has not only been my support, but also my conscience. She has had the energy and courage to put up with me and also share my wild dreams.How can I forget my two lovely daughters Neha and Tara who have kept me honest and on my toes. They are simply delightful.And finally my friends. There are many who have come and played significant roles in my various ventures.Life has truly been fun and I have enjoyed it.Today is a day when I take fresh guard and take strike to start a new innings, if I may borrow a cricketing expression.Love you all.

George Abraham
31st October, 1958

1 comment:

Mallar Chakravarty said...

Once again, I'm the first one to comment. Congrats for your 50! May you continue to play as wonderfully as you have played so far.


N.B. I'm eagerly waiting for your comments on my blog.